Totaal aantal pageviews

dinsdag 14 februari 2023

Nr. 25 and 26 from the CD Historic Guitars III: Guitar and Flute

 

Nr. 25


Oblivion is a piece written by Astor Piazzolla and as I like his music 
some pieces had to be there and performed. There are solo guitar per-
formances of this piece but this arrangement draw my attention immediately.
I've performed it live with me old guitar colleague Paul Hagenaars who
also is involved in Latin American music. For this CD I had to adapt
my transcribed version to a Flute and Guitar version. I hope you like it.

Played on an Antonio Duran guitar from 1974 but built by Rafael Moreno
Rodriguez. You can read more around tis guitar on my other Blog: 
www.oldromanticguitars.blogspot.com




Nr. 26

Of course well known to a big audience as it has been recorded by Grace Jones
"Strange I've seen that face Before" with respect to the original version to my 
opinion. It is a quite challenging piece but people almost invariably are asking 
for some "firework". So here it is. Played on the same guitar as nr. 25




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten